Sunday, May 25, 2014

Gorgeous Succulent Centerpiece From Better Homes & Gardens

Gorgeous Succulent Centerpiece - Better Homes & Gardens
Just a short post on something I came across that is really cute and would be great for warm weather outdoor entertaining. The June issue of Better Homes & Gardens had instructions for creating a Gorgeous Succulent Centerpiece, I'm going to list the materials and instructions below.

Materials Needed For Succulent Wreath:
  • 12-inch wire wreath form  
  • 12-inch floral craft ring  
  • Kraft paper-covered stem wire  
  • 3-and 4-inch clay pots   
  • small succulents  
  • moss   
  • small stones 

All of the materials shown above can be found at any craft store.

Directions:
  • Wire the two rings together  
  • Then wire the pots to the wreath form 
  • Attach the pots at different angles  
  • Place succulents in pots  
  • Top the pots with stones  
  • Tuck moss under the pots to cover wreath form  
  • Add a glass hurricane and a candle 

I really was hoping to include the video on this project, but I have not been able to figure out how to upload it (remember I'm still new at this) so I've had to resort to giving you the link.  Gorgeous Succulent Centerpiece Project - Better Homes & Gardens. Well now that I've read over the post I realize I've given you the link several times - Guess you can't have just one (sounds like a chip ad).

Hens & Chicks In A Strawberry Pot

I really love this idea - think I'm going to try one myself - not to mention I love succulents, especially Hens & Chicks. In fact I found an idea on Pinterest of using a Strawberry Pot to plant Hens & Chicks in, and I just happen to have a Strawberry Pot and an over abundance of Hens & Chicks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment