Thursday, May 3, 2018

Billy Jacob's - Rural American Countryside Painter

Billy Jacob's - "Spring Morning"
I remember years ago buying a couple of wall calendars that featured Billy Jacob's pictures, I didn't know much about him but liked his style, it had that primitive feel but was a little different from the Warren Kimble folk art style that I've always loved and still do.

I became reacquainted with him thanks to my Mum who about a year ago found his pictures in a catalog she gets and began buying his pictures. After looking at his work again I thought it was time to feature him in a post.

Billy Jacob's - "Red Barn Summer Days"

A long time resident of Ohio he began as a designer and woodcrafter, producing products in the country/primitive style. He pursued this career throughout the 80's and 90's until turning his attention to painting in 2000. Being self-taught he began painting in acrylics until around 2006 when he switched to watercolors and began his journey of painting the rural American countryside.


Billy Jacob's - "Autumn Leaf Quilt Block Barn"

Focusing on simple American landscapes, his work invokes the traditionally rustic look of Americana and imbues it with subtle colors and stimulating contrasts. His inspiration comes from actual landscapes and places throughout Ohio and Pennsylvania.


Billy Jacob's - "Christmas Trees For Sale"


He has become a highly sought-after artist, with his depiction of the simple American lifestyle and days gone by providing a nostalgic kind of comfort to art enthusiasts across the country.

As mentioned I am a Warren Kimble fan and have quite a few pictures but I'm also the proud owner of two pictures by Billy Jacob's. "A Casual Conversation" was a real surprise birthday gift from my Mum last year then another surprise was receiving "Autumn Afternoon" from one of my daughters for Christmas and if you might be wondering "Yes, I like Crows".


Billy Jacob's - "A Casual Conversation"









Billy Jacob's - "Autumn Afternoon"

If your not familiar with this talented artist but love primitive decor it's well worth looking into Billy Jacob's works. I absolutely would love to own more of his paintings, in fact I mentioned recently to my husband that I want to buy the Autumn Leaf Quilt print for Mothers Day as a gift from Me to Me.


Billy Jacob's - "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day"

Sorry, I had to add just one more. My Mum and I both love this one I wonder who will own it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment