Saturday, January 18, 2014

Warren Kimble "America's Best Know Living Folk Artist"



Pick a house any house - on any street - in any town and chances are you'll find some type of art work on the walls of the home. After looking around you may also notice a similarity or theme to the pieces, reason being that everyone tends to have a particular style they gravitate towards.


As my home has a relaxed country style feel to it "Folk Art" became a natural fit for art on the walls. This choice started about fourteen years ago when I bought my first piece, a cow painting titled "Miss Nellie". I was on a cow collection kick at the time and loved the whimsical nature of the painting. Honestly I didn't have a clue what Folk Art was, or for that matter, who Warren Kimble was.

"Miss Nellie"

Well my cow collecting days are far behind me and over the years I've purchased many paintings by Warren Kimble (yes, I did find out who he was) which I have proudly displayed in every home we have lived in. I'd like to share some information about this extraordinary artist and show you some of my favorite pieces.

Warren Kimble

As “America’s Best Known Living Folk Artist” Warren Kimble draws on more than 50 years of experience as a fine artist, educator and antiques collector to create a casual but sophisticated style of American Folk Art.

His distinctively stylized animals and rural country scenes are reminiscent of early American primitive art, including the antique architectural boards he paints on in keeping with folk art tradition. The unadorned texture of the wood combined with Kimble's acrylic and watercolor technique enhances the charm of his whimsical perspective and engaging subjects.

A 20-year resident of Vermont, Kimble and his wife Lorraine incorporate their knowledge and appreciation of early American style in every aspect of their life, from the renovation of their home in Brandon, VT, to the paintings emerging from the artist's studio.  His work has been profiled in Yankee Magazine, The Boston Globe, Vermont Public TV and many other media outlets.

Biography Information Courtesy Of:   Warren Kimble.com  Global Gallery.com


"Rolling Hills"

As I mentioned earlier, the start of my collection of paintings by this talented man started fourteen years ago and over the years I've become the proud owner of thirteen paintings. I'd love more but right now I really don't have the extra wall space and to be honest I don't think I could replace what I have with new ones. I know other people (this includes my daughters) will switch out wall art periodically for something new, I've written articles that include this advice when sprucing up home decor,  but I just can't part with my Kimble prints.

"House With A Quilt"
"The Four Seasons"
"White House"
"Country Panel Series"
"House On A Hill" & "House With A Quilt"

I hope you've enjoyed my gallery tour and please excuse the alignment of the photos, my camera flash and lighting in the house were not cooperating today. I also noticed that in the "Country Panel Series" photo the first picture on the right of the church is hanging crooked. Can you guess what the first thing I'm going to do is after finishing with this post?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had the "White House" for many years. I think, right now, they are quite rare...the original ones. I love your collection. I have 12 Kimbles and I love them all! Thanks for your tour!

Post a Comment